Friday, June 17, 2011

War Paint...Ooh La La...

Well, what do ya know, it's the weekend! Hallelujah, lock and load! 


If you are currently reading this it means that you've lived through another week. So, pat yourself on the back and snuggle up on the couch- heck, you may even want to grab a drink if it floats your boat. You have now entered that lovely bubble of time known as the weekend, so take my advice: Don't move unless it's absolutely necessary until Monday. That's what I try to do, though sometimes that practice can bleed over into the week... It's a terrible habit...


Anywhos...


I feel like I'm still in the introductory stage with this blog, which is just not flying with me. So, we'll get this entry started by introducing one of my hobbies: makeup. It all started when I was a toddler and I discovered my Grandmother's makeup drawer. True to Aimee form, the first thing I grabbed was a tube of red lipstick. This might explain my affinity for the color as an "adult", the world may never know. Not only did I smear it all over my face (If I could remember my exact thoughts as a three year old I'm pretty sure that I would have thought I looked awesome), but I also decided that Gran's white carpet needed to be that shade, too. Yeah. I'm gonna blame the Gypsy blood for that one. Who cares if that logic makes sense or not, I'm going with it. 


Thus, my love for makeup was born. As I've gotten older I've discovered that there is more than what is in the makeup aisles of local mega marts and pharmacies, that you didn't have to use the little sponge applicator that comes with your eyeshadow (which you probably shouldn't anyways), and that it is perfectly fine to use more than three colors of eyeshadow at once on your eyelids. Shocking, isn't it?


In keeping with this introductory makeup post, I thought I'd put up a few pics of my set up and collection. Now, you may think I have a lot of makeup after looking at the pictures. Trust me, I don't. If you're ever feeling froggy look up some makeup collection videos on YouTube, that'll definitely change your mind. Though I do aspire to, one day, have an insane collection of makeup, it hasn't happened yet. I'll get back to you when I win the lottery and have a bigger house.


So pics! Woot!


This is my basic set up located on my dresser. Yes, that is hand sanitizer- you should ALWAYS have clean hands when applying makeup, or touching your face in general. The squirt bottle on the front right is homemade brush cleaner. A clean brush is a happy brush, and a happy brush is germ free.


Brushes! See, no sponge applicators here! Why am I hating on the sponge applicators? Simply put, they're just way too harsh on the eye. The skin around your eyes is very sensitive, and using a sponge applicator tends to not only scratch the eyelid, but pull it as well- and that can cause wrinkles in the long run, ladies.



This is my small collection of eyeshadow palettes. From left to right we have: 120 Palette from BH Cosmetics, a random palette that I bought a few years ago and use on occasion, the Urban Decay Black Palette, and the Urban Decay Fun Palette. Also shown are just plain ole moisturizer and translucent face powder.


If you have ever visited the Red Ajah of Dragonmount.com and witnessed a "prettying", then you've probably heard me mention my "Makeup Case of Doom Wonders". Well, I wasn't making that up. Here it is folks. Behold it's glory, and tremble in fear Warder aspies!



So there you have it. My collection of War Paint. 

War Paint. It's such a fitting description. Women are tough, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. We can put up with a lot of crap and then turn around and be just as loving as anything. We always have on our game faces, because, let's face it, we have to. Yes, I know that not all women wear makeup, but that doesn't mean that we don't wear our War Paint. Just because you may not be able to see it doesn't mean it isn't there. So tread carefully gentlemen, tread carefully.

Well, that's blog post number two in the bag. I feel like I need to cap this off with a video like I did for the last entry, so here you go:

Paris (Ooh La La) - Grace Potter and the Nocturnals




Catch you on the flipside, my freaky darlings.




2 comments:

Mae said...

I loved this post! I wish my make-up kit could compare to yours, but most of my products are here-and-there purchases and cheap dollar store make-up that makes due. :P

I love how you empowered women in the end, indeed we are warriors. We deal with such bull (Ahem, lower pay averages!?), yet we deal with as much grace and style as we dare. War paint indeed. Scream on Peaches 'n Scream!

Aimee said...

Girl, don't let the collection fool ya, a lot of my eyeshadows are from a brand called e.l.f, and their products run between $1-$3 dollars here in the States. And the 120 eyeshadow palette, is on $30, and I think they might be on sale at the moment, too.

Thanks love! <3

Post a Comment