Sunday, June 19, 2011

I'm A Goal Oriented Little Monster, Aren't I?

Small post tonight, my darlings. But don't worry, it's worth it. 


So, as I stated in my first post, I am in the process of losing weight, regulating my blood sugar, and just plain getting healthy. It's been two weeks since I've started this regime, as it were. I've cut out pretty much all carbs and sugars, though I do still eat fruit- some days I feel like I'm becoming a rabbit. I've also been going to the gym four days a week and doing between 45-60 minutes of cardio- though I am shooting for five days. In these past two weeks I've dropped seven pounds! That's just amazeballs- especially considering that it is typical to drop 1-2 pounds a week. So yeah. I'm gonna pat myself on the back for that one. 


I have two goals set for myself: 1) to loose 30 pounds by the High Holy Days (September-October) and get my GED. My reward? Most likely some new clothes and a Nook color. I am so determined to do this, it's ridiculous. 


In in odd way, discovering that my blood sugar was a bit out of whack was a blessing. It was like G-d was telling me (well, more like yelling at me) "Hey! Get off your bum and fix this! You're 22 years old, you shouldn't be like this!" So I said, "Yes, sir." and immediately changed my eating habits and joined the local gym. And here I am, two weeks later. Though I am still over weight, I'm beginning to feel better- healthier. I have more energy, and I've pretty much gotten over my carb withdrawals. Yes, I still get the cravings (especially at the birthday party I went to last night, those cupcakes looked super yummy), but I just have to fight through it. I actually think that I'm starting to develop a low tolerance for carby foods- I had a cookie Friday night and I noticed that a few hours later my stomach was hurting. Yeah. Not really worth it anymore. 


My overall goal is to loose 50 pounds- hopefully the majority of it lost by my birthday in December. Then after I get my GED, it's correspondence courses for me as I intend to become an herbalist. 


It's a busy and exciting time for me, but it is still challenging. I know that I'll get through it just fine, though. I do have the Creator of the Universe on my side after all. That thought alone is enough to make me smile.


"I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me." - Philippians 4:13



I said it was going to be short tonight. 

By the way, the outfit in the above picture is my Outfit Of The Day. I love that feeling you get when you put on an outfit and it just makes you feel awesome. Today's outfit was one of those, and, as you can see, it was awesome.

See you soon, my freaky darlings.

2 comments:

Walter said...

May your journey be rewarding! It's hard losing weight lol

Aimee said...

Thank you! Yeah. It is pretty difficult. lol. :)

Post a Comment