Thursday, June 23, 2011

Mascara Madness!

Before I bring on the review/rave, I just want to say that I am stupid excited about Pottermore. Yes, I am one of those crazy Harry Potter fangirls. But, y'all know it makes me adorable. ;)


Now, on with the show!


I was asked today, by a very lovely lady, to do a post/recommendation on mascara. She asked and I'm delivering. 


Disclaimer: The following product was purchased by me, with my own money. The opinions expressed are my own.


Maybelline One By One Volum' Express Mascara



I absolutely adore Maybelline mascaras. I've tried other companies, Cover Girl, Mary Kay, what have you, and I always come back to Maybelline. Why? For me it's because they are the original mascara makers. Let me give you a brief history:

Once upon a time...In New York City, in the year 1915, a young chemist by the name of T.L. Williams noticed his sister, Maybel, doing something rather odd. She was mixing a concoction of Vaseline and coal dust and applying it to her eyelashes to make them appear darker. The wheels in his head began to turn, so off he went to his small lab to perfect his sister's brew. The result was Lash-Brow-Ine. It was a hit. But, something was holding T.L.'s product back from being a success: The Name. So, T.L. thought, and decided to name his creation Maybelline- after his little sister and the Vaseline she originally used. And thus, a makeup company was born...

And that is why I love Maybelline. It's kinda up there with Oreos- why buy an imitation, when you can have the original? Of, course Maybelline's modern formula is different now then it was in the early 20th century, and of course there are now a wide range of products to choose from.

The last mascara I owned was Maybelline's Falsies mascara, which was supposed to give your lashes the effect of wearing, as the name suggests, false lashes. Did it? Not really, but I thought it was still a good mascara. Then I found this one:

Ready for some closeups?


Boom!

First off, I love the packaging. It's super bright, and I like bright, plus it has a bit of a retro feel to it with the font. So, aesthetically, I approve.

This mascara is supposed to be anti-clump all the way around, from the formula to the wand. It's also supposed to provide oodles of volume. 

So does it? Heck yes.  

This mascara does a fabulous job of separating my lashes, and there aren't any clumps in sight- not even on the wand! Check it out:


That is the cleanest mascara wand I have ever seen straight out of the tube- also, keep in mind that I've have this tube for a few weeks now. Yeah. It's amazeballs.

Final thoughts:

Pros
  • Zero clumpage
  • Separates my lashes pretty well
  • No clumping on the wand
  • Waterproof. I ALWAYS buy waterproof, because you just never know...
  • Three shades to choose from: Very Black (pictured above), Black, and Brown/Black
  • Affordable- runs about $6-ish dollars here in the States
Cons:
  • Ummm..... None. 

I highly, highly recommend this mascara. It is hands down, and without a doubt, the best mascara I have ever owned ever. I will definitely be a repeat buyer on this one.


If there is anything that you want my opinion on or if you have any questions at all, leave me a comment below and I'll get back to you. Also, there's going to be some fun stuff coming soon, including a review of Geek Chic Cosmetics (I'm so excited about this.) So, spread the word, loves.

Later My Freaky Darlings. <3












0 comments:

Post a Comment