Thursday, March 1, 2012

NTMS- Mellow Yellow

When I saw that this week's challenge was a yellow look I initially thought to myself, "Eh. No big. I got this."

Well, I was wrong.

I did a grand total of 3 looks before I came up with something that I actually liked. Come on, yellow eyeshadow, get with the program! Work, damn you! [End Mini Rant]

The look I came up with is simple- so easy, even I can do it! [insert exasperated sigh here]

But, in all honesty, I actually really like this. I wore it out today, and it actually received many compliments. Total keeper.




Face:
  • M.A.C. Studio Fix Fluid in NC15
  • M.A.C. Prep + Prime Translucent Setting powder
  • M.A.C. Cream Color Base  in 'Madly Magenta', as the blusher
Eyes:
  • UDPP in 'Original'
  • 'Buttercupcake' eyeshadow by Sugarpill, all over the lid and slightly above the crease.
  • I used a mixture of a light and medium yellow eyeshadow from the BH Cosmetics 120 Pro Palette on top of 'Buttercupcake', to even the color out and brighten it up.
  • 'Dawn' eyeshadow by Tarte for True Blood, all over the previous colors to blend them out and also as the brow bone highlight.
  • Barry M Dazzle Dust in 'Teal' (94), used wet and applied as a winged liner along the upper lash line.
  • NYX Studio Liquid Liner in 'Extreme Smokey Gray', applied close to the lash line and winged out.
  • Sephora Waterproof Kohl Liner in 'Keep Black' (01), in the upper tight line.
  • M.A.C. Zoom Black Fast Lash mascara
Lips:
  • 'Style Curve' lipstick by M.A.C.
  • 'Glam Guava lipgloss by E.L.F.
Before I wrap up this post, I just wanted to share something with you all. 

This afternoon I happened to be scrolling through my news feed on Facebook, you know just seeing what's going on with people and blah, blah, blah. I noticed that Sugarpill had posted a link, so I was like "Oh neat! A Sugarpill post!". Then I really looked at it, and noticed that I was looking at my own eye. That was the point when I said "Oh. My. G-d." and proceeded to call my husband. Sugarpill had posted a link to my "Wearable" Color Block look that I had posted last Saturday. 
Hey look! A screenshot! 


You guys have no idea how much that made my day. One of my absolute favorite companies had noticed ME of all of the amazing beauty bloggers out there. I just feel so honored, and it really makes me want to work even harder with this blog and my passion for makeup. 


I really want to thank all of you that read my blog as well. You guys don't know just how much you rock.

Love you, my freaky darlings!!!

<3 <3 <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment