Saturday, February 25, 2012

EOTD (2/24/12)- "Wearable" Color Block, feat. Sugarpill

On Valentine's Day I placed an order with Sugarpill Cosmetics, since they were having a fabulous 20% off sale for their anniversary. Thursday, my package arrived. The Sweetheart Palette is now in my possession! [insert maniacal makeup junkie giggle here] And, of course, they sent a few freebies as well (one of the many reasons I love indie companies): a glittertastic sticker, I put this one on the back of my Nook case next to the sticker for my husband's band Joanie Hears Voices (shameless plug!); and a sample of their loose pigment 'Lumi', which I have been wanting to try for forever.

So, last night when I was getting ready for synagogue, I decided that I wanted to play with some of my new shadows- which was really a no brainer. Here's where the name of the look comes in as well. I've been wanting to try my hand at color blocking for a while, and I saw my opportunity and took it. I would say that this is a "wearable" version, because if I was going to un-wearable it would probably have yellow on the brow bone and turquoise on the lower lash line. Hmm...I might have to try that sometime soon...

 Here's what I came up with:



I know what you're thinking. "You wore that to church?! You, ma'am, are bat crap crazy!" While I may be bat crap crazy, this really isn't all that unusual for me. The people at my congregation have watched me grow up, seen me go through several hair colors, and have seen me come in with makeup crazier than this. In fact, I think this is rather tame. But, hey, they love me and think I'm adorable. ;)

Face:
  • M.A.C. Studio Fix Fluid in NC15
  • M.A.C. Prep + Prime Translucent Finishing Powder
  • 'Sushi Flower' by M.A.C. as the blusher
Eyes:
  • UDPP in 'Original'
  • NYX Jumbo Pencil in 'Milk', blended all over the lid and up to the brow bone.
  • 'Dollipop' by Sugarpill, drawn out in a slight 'c' shape and blended through the crease and up. I used Scotch tape on the sides of my eyes to get the sharp outer edge
  • 'Flamepoint' by Sugarpill, on the lid
  • 'Tako' by Sugarpill, on the brow bone
  • NYX Studio Liquid Liner  in 'Extreme Black' and 'Extreme Smokey Gray', I started out with the black, but had to finish out with the gray as my black is about dried out. It's a simple winged liner, and I followed the clean edge made with the tape
  • Pin-Up Tease mascara by NYX, on the top lashes
  • Forever Your Curl mascara by Stila, on the bottom lashes
Lips:
  • 'Sublime Culture' lip liner by M.A.C.
  • 'Creme D'Nude' lipstick by M.A.C.
  • 'Glam Guava' lipgloss by E.L.F.
Later my freaky darlings!
<3

10 comments:

Shauna said...

you make me wanna start wearing makeup again! love this look!!

Aimee said...

Go for it girl! Treat yourself, you deserve it! :D <3

Mae said...

:3 Color blocking is never easy to prepare or achieve, but you did a great job with this look! I love the use of bold colors. It's also great to hear that your church is so welcoming of your unique style. :3

Aimee said...

Thank you so much! I was really proud at how this turned out, especially since it was my first time trying it. Like I said, they know me and think I'm adorable. Every week I come in and they're like: "Ok, what's new this week?"- and always with big smiles on their faces. :)

laura said...

perfect for summer i love it !

Aimee said...

Thank you!! :D

Emily♥ 에밀리 ♥エミリー said...

This is so colorful, I love it! I wish I had the Sweetheart palette, I keep trying to get my hands on it but either I am broke or they're sold out, lol. I would love to wear makeup like this to church but I just couldn't handle people asking me about it, haha. I'm sure some of the older members would be quite curious indeed. Thanks so much for sharing, this is inspiring me to do a colorful look! :D

Aimee said...

I understand exactly what you mean- everytime I wanted to order the Sweetheart Palette I was either broke it it was sold out, I got lucky this time. Just be yourself, and let people think what they will. They can't judge unless they want to be judged, too. :)

aneesah said...

Love your attitude! Freedom of expression is a awesome thing.

Aimee said...

Thanks! We have to be ourselves and express ourselves. Otherwise we'd all be normal, and normal is vastly overrated. ;)

Post a Comment