Wednesday, February 15, 2012

NTMS- Rocky Horror Picture Show

To say that  was excited about this week's challenge would be a massive understatement. I absolutely adore Rocky Horror. A lot. I friggin love this movie. Serious business.

I decided to go Magenta with this challenge, since she is my favorite character from the film. Patricia Quinn is gorgeous, and the look of her character, as well as the other members of FrankN'Furter's household, is iconic.

I actually did dress up as Magenta two years ago for Halloween, and I'm delighted to say that my skills have improved since then. I will say though, that the look that I did for the challenge is actually wearable compared to her look in the film and what I did two years ago- both of them had a more greasepaint theatrical vibe to them.

Also, I would like to state that I wore this makeup out with my Hubby yesterday for Valentine's. We've never followed the "normal" Valentine's Day celebration proceedings anyways. Example: Last night we ate burgers, picked up a few cupcakes and saw a horror film- namely 'The Woman In Black', which was excellent by the way and it scared the crap out of both of us. Loved it!

Anywhos. Let's get on with it.

This is the picture that I used for reference:

You can see what I mean about her makeup being very theatrical. When I wore this for Halloween I did go all out- 2 pairs of false lashes and everything. But, as I said before, the look I did for the challenge is the slightly more wearable version.

Pics!





As you can see, I kept all of the color elements very much intact, but they are much softer.

I seriously love this look.

Face:
  • M.A.C. Studio Fix Fluid in NC15
  • M.A.C. Prep + Prime Translucent Finishing Powder
  • Wet n' Wild blush in 'Mellow Wine'
Eyes:
  • UDPP in 'Original'
  • NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in 'Milk', on the brow bone and blended down.
  • Matte White eyeshadow from the BH Cosmetics 120 Pro Palette, to set the NYX pencil.
  • Red-Orange eyeshadow from the BH Cosmetics 120 Pro Palette, just to map out the crease.
  • 'V' eyeshadow from the Tarte for True Blood Palette, in the crease.
  • Sephora Waterproof Kohl Liner in 'Keep Black', along the upper and lower lash lines and also in the upper and lower waterlines.
  • 'Legend' eyeshadow from the Tarte for True Blood Palette, to blend out and set the kohl liner, and also packed all over the lid
  • Pin-Up Tease mascara by NYX
Lips:
  • 'Red Hot' lip pencil by NYX
  • 'Heartless' lipstick by M.A.C.
  • Lipgloss by Sephora- I'm sorry I do not know the name of the lipgloss. It looks black in the tube, with glitter, but when applied it just servers to slightly darken the shade you're wearing.
Later my freaky darlings!
<3

2 comments:

Sharron said...

I <3 this look! It really is the perfect wearable Magenta. Now I want to break out my Tarte for True Blood palette and put together an RHPS look of my own. :)

Elizabeth_Bethezda said...

MAGENTA FTW!!!!! Looks great!

Post a Comment