Friday, February 10, 2012

EOTD- Stockholm Syndrome

I know that 'Stockholm Syndrome' is probably one of the craziest (no pun intended) names for a makeup look, but, hey, it is what it is. Honestly, I think I got the title because I've been listening to a lot of Muse lately and this song must have been playing in the background while I was slapping my face on. So we're just gonna go with it.

So with this look I really wanted to play with a few NYX items I picked up at Ulta yesterday. I grabbed three of their waterproof eyeliners (two of them are retractable) and their Pin-Up Tease mascara. I won't go into too much detail, especially since I've only tried one of the liners and the mascara, but I promise that there's a review and pics forthcoming.

Let's get to the look, shall we?





Face:
  • M.A.C. Studio Fix Fluid in NC15
  • M.A.C. Prep + Prime Translucent Setting Powder
  • 'Corail Frission' blush by Sephora
Eyes:
  • UDPP in 'Original'
  • 'Darkhorse' eyeshadow by Urban Decay, all over the lid and up over the 
  • 'Hustle' eyeshadow by Urban Decay, over the first eyeshadow as a wash and to blend everything out
  • 'Sin' eyeshadow by Urban Decay, as the brow bone highlight
  • NYX Slide On, Glide On, Stay On & Definitely A Turn On Waterproof Extreme Shine Eye Liner (Yes, that is the full name. Serious business) in 'Pretty Violet', in the waterline and along the lower lash line.
  • 'Poison Plum' eyeshadow by Sugarpill, to set the eyeliner (probably didn't need it, but oh well) and to add some more purple deliciousness
  • Sephora Waterproff Kohl Liner in 'Keep Black', in the upper tightline
  • Pin-Up Tease mascara by NYX
Lips:
  • 'Sublime Culture' lip pencil by M.A.C.
  • 'Creme d'Nude' lipstick by M.A.C.
  • 'Sunset Peach' lipgloss by Revlon
I know I used that last lip color combo in the second Valentine's look I did, but I do really like it and a nude lip just seemed to fit this look.

Since I mentioned Muse, I thought I'd leave off with their song 'Stockholm Syndrome'. It's a great song, and one of my faves.

See you later, my freaky darlings.
<3


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loooove that brown color and was so excited to see which ones you used because I have them and can recreate the look with them! Yay! I also love the juxtaposition of the brown and purple. I may try this soon. So pretty! You look great in these colors.

Aimee said...

Go for it girl! I absolutely loved wearing this, and will probably break this one out as often as I can.

Thank you so much!! <3

Post a Comment