Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Boots, UK

Being one of those crazy people that sits and watches a ridiculous amount of makeup tutorials, reviews, and make up collection videos (I have a morbid fascination with those..), I've come to the realization that I need more money. Why? So that I can fly across the pond to London and buy the products that I can't get here (well, some of them I can, I just don't want to pay shipping). Yes, I am very aware that this is a very absurdly, not to mention expensive, roundabout way of getting things. Just let me have my dream, alright?


But in the mean time, a British pharmacy chain has made some of their products available to us Westerners by way of one of my absolute favorite, and frequently visited, stores: Target. And what pharmacy chain would that be? Why Boots of course! When I first saw the Boots section in the Health and Beauty department in my local Target, I had to restrain myself from having an all out squee moment. Serious business.


Thus far I have purchased three products from the company, two of them being from their Boots Original Beauty Formula line, but more on that in a second, and I absolutely love each product.



First up we have the Skin Tonic from the Boots Original Beauty Formula collection. Before I address the product, let me first address the line. This line was created with the intent of capturing the look and feel of skin products of old, but with all of the modern, and safer, formulas. The two products that I have (so far, I know I'll be buying more) from this line have been in glass bottles with metal screw top lids- and let me just say that they look fabulous on my dresser lined up next to my perfumes and such. Needless to say the packaging is brilliant, and if you're like me and are someone who loves that Victorian look, then these might just be for you. But, as with all products, DO NOT BASE YOUR BUYING DECISIONS SOLELY ON THE PACKAGING. That's just silly.

Now, on to the product itself. I'm sure that the fact that it's called Skin Tonic is probably throwing you for a loop, but keep in mind the design aesthetic here. This is actually a toner. I had been needing a toner pretty bad before I purchased this one. The one that I was using before was just awful, it dried out my skin and the seemingly ridiculous amounts of alcohol in it made my eyes water- even though I completely avoided my eye area.  Not the case with this product. It is so incredibly gentle and it has a lovely light musky scent, and it just makes my skin feel loved.

Total winner.

U.S. retail- approx. $7.99



Next is the Overnight Skin Cream. This is another product that I've been wanting, in general. Again, the packaging is absolutely lovely. The product itself? Heavenly. It has such a smooth and creamy texture, and it just glides right on my skin. It's pretty much like instant hydration. The scent is light, and I love Bergamot in general- it's fruity, but not overpowering. This product also contains Almond extract, so if you're allergic you may want to steer clear. But the bergamot paired with the almond smells divine, I must say.

U.S. retail- approx. $11.99


Last one. This one isn't from the Boots Original Beauty Formula collection (obviously), but from their Expert line. This line features many products for sensitive skin, as well as products for shine control, blemishes, and redness. Now, I wouldn't necessarily label my skin as sensitive, but I have had reactions to eye makeup removers in the past, so it's a case of "better safe than sorry". The product is really gentle and light weight. It does leave a bit of a greasy residue though, but it honestly doesn't bother me since I wash my whole face with Noxzema after removing my eye makeup. I can also say that this is the best eye makeup remover I've used. It gets rid of everything. Stubborn waterproof mascara? Gone. Seriously, I do not wake up with raccoon eyes after using this stuff, unlike other products. Yeah, I'm in love.

U.S. retail: approx. $5.49

So overview:

Pros:
  • Very affordable for the quality
  • Aforementioned quality is superb
  • Packaging is absolutely lovey
  • It's British, and therefore I love it. :P

Cons:
  • Eye makeup remover is a tad greasy, but it's really no big deal

There you are!

Spread the Peachy love my freaky darlings. <3



0 comments:

Post a Comment