Wednesday, August 24, 2011

'Luminous Fairy' EOTD- plus info for the Sophie Lancaster Foundation

Well my darlings, let me just tell you that I am one tired girl. Busy bee doesn't even being to describe me at the moment. But, with luck, everything should be back to some semblance of normalcy by next week. Now let me just say that nothing is wrong, we're just in the process of moving my grandmother, and my grandmother has a lot of stuff that she's accumulated over the years and it all isn't going to fit into a studio apartment. Fun times. But, we have been blessed by her move because she's given us lots of neat things- plus Gran loves Chanel, and she let me have a few items. I feel like such a big girl now. Ha!


Lucky for you guys, I had a free moment and was able to work on the blog. I don't know if you've noticed, but the layout has changed, and I have to say that I'm really liking it. You can never go wrong with black- it's a slimming color and should be a staple in every closet (that might explain why I have so many black tee shirts...). The purple is an added bonus, and it's just plain pretty. And there are bows. I love bows. They make me happy. Only thing missing is a skull or two...




Real quick I wanted to post a look featuring the Tarte for True Blood palette. It's actually based off of one of the face charts that came with the palette, and it's called 'Luminous Fairy'.


Please stay tuned to the end for more information about the banner on the right of the page


Roll the pics!



Face:
  • M.A.C. Studio Fix Fluid in NC15
  • N.Y.C. Concealer
  • 'Nerdgasm' blush by Geek Cheek Cosmetics
Eyes:
  • 'Dawn', on the lids and towards the brow bone
  • 'Bayou', in the crease
  • 'Werewolf', in the deep crease
  • emphasEYES aqua-gel eyeliner by Tarte in black
  • 'Charmer', smudged over the eyeliner
  • One by One Mascara on the top lashes
  • Lights, Camera, Lashes! by Tarte on the bottom lashes
Lips:
  • 'Nectarine Dream' (118) by Ulta- this lipstick is discontinued, but any orange/coral color will do

^o^ ^o^ ^o^ ^o^ ^o^ ^o^ ^o^  





Also new to the blog is the banner you see to the right. It's for the S.O.P.H.I.E. Lancaster Foundation. In 2007 Sophie Lancaster and her boyfriend were brutally beaten for simply dressing "goth". The teenagers that did it had no reason what so ever, and were actually happy about what they had done. Sophie and her boyfriend were both put into comas due to the injuries they recieved, he pulled through but Sophie did not. She was 20 years old. The Foundation was started by Sophie's mother to educate teens that just because someone dresses or looks different than you do does not mean that they are any less of a person and should be treated with respect. The British makeup company Illamasqua is partnered with the S.O.P.H.I.E. Lancaster foundation, and even put together a tribute film in her memory. You can visit their page here to find out more information about the Foundation, and also about donations.


Stamp. Out. Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance. Everywhere.




Website for the S.O.P.H.I.E. Lancaster Foundation: http://www.sophielancasterfoundation.com/


See you soon, my freaky darlings.


<3

0 comments:

Post a Comment