Sunday, August 14, 2011

Tarte for True Blood - Comparisons/Dupes!

It's a bit of a quick post tonight. I thought I'd throw up a few comparison/dupe photos for the Tarte for True Blood palette.


So let's hop to it shall we?


Nocturnal (TfTB) vs. Solid Snake (GCC)
Both of these colors are fabulous, though for different reasons. As I stated in my Tarte for True Blood review, 'Nocturnal' is great if you just want a fabulous navy with a hint of sparkle, but for that "wow factor", 'Solid Snake' is the way to go. As you can see from the photograph, the punch definitely goes with 'Solid Snake', but 'Noctural' is still gorgeous none the less.


Bayou (TfTB) vs. Baked (UD) vs. Captain Tightpants (GCC)
Here we have three very similar, but still very different shadows. I love all three of them immensely (I'm actually thinking about doing an EOTD with all the shades, just to see what would happen.). 'Bayou' is an obvious third in pigmentation compared to the other two shadows- 'Baked' might be the winner on that one. 'Captain Tightpants' leans more to the bronze side, however, compared to the other shades, which lean more gold.


Moss (TfTB) vs. Libertine (UD)
Lets face it, these two shades are pretty much perfect dupes for one another. The only difference being that 'Libertine' is the darker of the two, but only by a hair, and 'Moss' has a teensy bit more shine.


Legend (TfTB) vs. Black Dog (UD)
These two are practically interchangeable. Though I will say that 'Black Dog' is just a smidge more pigmented than 'Legend'


Glamour Me (TfTB) vs. Jet (UD)
Close, but no cigar. 'Glamour Me' is an obvious shade or two darker than 'Jet', but 'Jet does have 'Glamour Me' beat when it comes to sparkle.




All of the Urban Decay eyeshadows pictured are from the Black Palette.


I hope that this was helpful in some way, shape or form.


Keep an eye out for some EOTD's featuring shadows from the Tarte for True Blood palette.


Spread the Peachy love my freaky darlings.


<3

4 comments:

ShinkenRed said...

Thank you SO MUCH for doing this. There were a few colors out of the palette that I /really/ wanted but I couldn't justify paying $52 for it and from what I've heard, it's unlikely that it will be marked down due to it's popularity.

Aimee said...

No problem! I was excited that I had enough colors in my stash to do a post like this. :) And, if I remember correctly, the UD Black Palette is $36- and it comes with a sample Primer Potion and a 24/7 Glide on Eyeliner in Zero.

ShinkenRed said...

I will have to look into that one. I've been wanting to try UD but have yet to gain the funds to do so. I'm also looking into the Kat Von D palettes as some of them are beginning to be marked down.

Aimee said...

I've been wanting to try the Kat Von D palettes as well. I'll have to look at them more during my next Sephora trip.

Post a Comment