Monday, August 8, 2011

Mini M.A.C. Haul / First Impressions

Not exaggerating one bit when I say mini. I actually only purchased two items, but it was three eyeshadows total. So, that brings my total of M.A.C. items to eight. Woo hoo! 


I'm actually pretty excited about what I bought, because it's technically my first regular eyeshadow purchase. I say regular because the first eyeshadow that I ever bought from M.A.C. ever was 'She Who Dares' from the Venomous Villains collection, and it is a mineral eyeshadow. There is a difference, trust me. 


The first item I picked up was from the Colourizations collection. This collection features eight eyeshadow duos, which are aptly called Double Features. The eyeshadows, individually, are not named (which is a bummer in my opinion) so you basically just have to go by number. I picked up Double Feature 3, which is a teal and brown combo. 






The first shadow is a teal and it has a matte finish. I really love the color, though I will say it is a bit difficult to blend, but it isn't really all that surprising considering that it is a matte.  The color payoff, overall, is quite good.

The second shade is a brownish grayish color and it is a satin finish. This color goes on a lot smoother than the teal, and the color payoff is just as good. Overall, I really like the color.

The duos retail for $25.00. I know it seems like a lot, but it's actually cheaper than buying the eyeshadows individually- they are $15.00 for individuals.



^o^  ^o^  ^o^  ^o^  ^o^  ^o^







It's a bit of a funny story with this one. Well, not really, but we're gonna just go with it. I originally went to the M.A.C. counter with the intention of getting 'Blanc Type' eyeshadow which is a matte light skin tone color. But, as luck would have it, they were out. While I could have kept in the same neutral vein with other shades like 'Cork', 'Shroom', or 'Vanilla', I decided to go in a completely different direction. Hence why the color above is a gorgeous pinky purply shiny bit of awesomeness. 

'Stars n' Rockets' is a color that I've been drooling over for a while now, and I am so excited to finally have it added to my stash. It's a very sheer, but buildable, color and I am so in love with it. I just can't wait to play around with it some more- especially over some different bases like 'Milk' and 'Slate' from NYX.

So there you have it, my mini haul. I have a feeling that I'm well on my way to becoming a M.A.C. whore now, and I'm so excited. Ha!

Spread the peachy love my freaky darlings.

<3







1 comments:

ShinkenRed said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment