Monday, October 10, 2011

Halloween Series- Harley Quinn


First up in my solo Halloween Series is one of my all time favorite female villains. Scratch that, she is my favorite. Ladies and Gents, I give you: Harley Quinn.

Once a doctor in Arkham Asylum, Harleen Quinzel became obsessed with her patient, The Joker, under the delusion that he was in love with her just as much as she was in love with him. She quickly became unhinged and re-styled herself as Harley Quinn, the harlequin sidekick of her great love. The pair ran a muck over Gotham City, causing chaos where ever they went and always with demented smiles on their faces. But, the Joker's decline in health has caused Harley to become increasingly unstable. She has become more erratic, more sadistic, and more cruel.

"My love for my Joker was stronger than their madhouse walls. " - Harley Quinn






Needless to say neatness was not on the agenda for this look. I wanted this to the look of a woman who has lost it, so it needed to be quite messy- and a smidge bloody.

Face:
  • White cream makeup all over the face and down the neck. (I purchased it for $1 at Target, it's no the best, but it makes a good start.)
  • NYX Jumbo Pencil in 'Milk' all over face to even out the white tone.
  • Matte White eyeshadow (120 Palette) all over the eyelids and the under eyes
  • Baby Powder to set
  • Rimmel Soft Kohl liner in 'Jet Black' to draw out the rough shape of the domino mask
  • Black grease paint to fill in the mask. I then smudged out the edges with a damp cosmetic sponge, and set it all with a matte black eyeshadow (120 Palette)
  • Red grease paint on my fingertips, and then dragged across my face- bloody fingerprints
  • Rimmel Soft Kohl liner in 'Jet Black' on the upper lip
  • Maybelline lipstick in 'Red Revival' (645) on the lower lip. I then smudged out the corners with my fingertips
  • Almay One Coat Nourishing Mascara on the lashes, and smudged around the eye


There y'all have it! To learn more about Harley and her various appearances you can read about it here on the Batman Wiki.

"I want a lawyer! I want a doctor! I want a cheese sandwich!" - Harley Quinn

See you later, my freaky darlings.

<3


0 comments:

Post a Comment