Tuesday, November 1, 2011

EOTD/OOTD- October 31st

Well, Halloween has come and gone. But does this mean I've put away my grease paint for another year? In short: Nope. So don't be surprised if you see something wacky pop up on your dashboard or on your Facebook news feed. I just can't help myself- plus a girl just has to have some fun, right?


I know that his post is a day late- but it's better late than never, right? I had so much fun putting this together, especially since my look was based off of one of my favorite characters from one of my favorite movies/cartoons: Lydia Deetz from 'Beetlejuice'.



Lydia is smart and kooky with a great sense of humor and a kind heart- not to mention AMAZING style!

Here's my interpretation:
This is a horrible picture of me, but it's the only one I had of the outfit. *sighs* I think my husband snapped this right after I had tried to explain what camera angles work best for me- I don't think he got it. Oh well...he's cute. ;)



I couldn't get my bangs into the points like Winona Rider's were in the film because of the way my bangs are cut. I still say I get an 'A' for effort, though. 

Face:
  • M.A.C. Studio Fix Fluid in NC15 mixed with White cream makeup, to make my skin even more pale than it already is.
  • Baby Powder and N.Y.C. loose powder in 'Translucent' to set
  • Light/Medium Brown eyeshadow (120 Palette), to contour cheekbones, temples, and jawline
Eyes:
  • UDPP Primer Potion in 'Original'
  • Light Lavender eyeshadow (120 Palette), to cut the crease and map out where the purple eyeshadow will be placed (from the inner corner and all the way around to the outer half of the lower lashline and then filled in
  • 'Sushi Flower' by M.A.C., on the lid
  • Dark Lavender and Purple/Pink (120 Palette) to darken up the purple area
  • 'Strada' by NARS, as a brow bone highlight
  • 'Poison Plum' by Sugarpill, in the upper corner of the eye just under the eyebrow and along the nose- blended out with the other shades of purple
  • Medium Hot Pink (120 Palette) on the lid
  • 'Legend' (matte black) by Tarte for True Blood, drawn in a thin line to separate the pink and the purple.
  • Light/Medium Brow eyeshadow (120 Palette), same shadow as used for the contour, under the eyes to create the illusion of dark circles
  • 'Legend; by TfTB, through the eyebrows
  • Sephora waterproof kohl liner in 'Keep Black', along the upper and lower waterlines and smudged along the lower lash line with 'Legend'
  • 'Extreme Smokey Grey' liquid liner by NYX, thin line along the upper lash line and flicked out slightly
  • Almay One Cat Nourishing Mascara
  • Demi Whispies false eyelashes
Lips:
  • Rimmel Soft Kohl eyeliner in 'Jet Black', on the upper lip
  • 'Viva Glam Cyndi' by M.A.C. on the lover lip

See you soon, my freaky darlings!

<3


0 comments:

Post a Comment