Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Sugarpill Review (photo heavy)

Before I get started I just want to get something out of the way:


Hi. My name s Aimz, and I'm Addicted To Pretty. *waves*


I had been wanting to get my hands on some Sugarpill products for a really, really long time and my dream has finally come true. I was so excited about this order that it was ridiculous- I watched the USPS website like a hawk until my package arrived. Serious business. 


As most of us should know by now, Sugarpill was founded by Amy a.k.a. Shrinkle. She started Sugarpill Cosmetics with the intent of creating a line of high quality and deliciously bright makeup to complement her fashion line, aptly named Shrinkle. I believe that it is safe to say that she has accomplished that, and with flying colors. Ha! I love puns...


I placed my order on September 1st, knowing full well that it was a holiday weekend and that it would most likely be later the next week before I got my order. No biggie, I'd waited this long, right? As I said above, I watched the USPS track and confirm site like a hawk, and by September 4th my package had made it to the Dirty South. I was really, and pleasantly, surprised. Keep in mind I ordered at pretty mush the start of Labor Day weekend. My package reached my mail box on the 6th- less then a week from when I placed my order. You would not believe how much of a happy panda I was, especially when I opened the mailbox and beheld this:

I absolutely adore the Sugarpill kitty. So precious.

Now lets get to the good part.

Nestled inside masses of hot pink tissue paper was my palette along with a sample of Goldilux, Amy's business card, a double sided 'look' card (which are gorgeous), and a glitter-tastic sticker (which now resides on my eyeshadow palette organizer). And, of course, my invoice which even included a thank you from Amy herself:

So cool.

One thing that people go on about is Sugarpill's packaging. There's a good reason for that, because the packaging is pretty much amazeballs. So much thought and detail went into it, it's crazy!




I think the only complaints I have heard about the packaging/palette is that it's heavy and that it's made of cardboard. The palette is heavy, I don't deny that, but to be honest I like a heavy palette. In my mind it comes across as well made and durable. Which brings me to the cardboard bit, that doesn't bother me either. Why? Because it's not flimsy at all. So, in my opinion, these folks that are complaining about little things like that can just get over it. Just saying.

Also, I love that this palette comes with a mirror. Definitely bonus in my opinion.


These colors are delicious. That's right delicious. The color payoff is just incredible, and the texture is fabulous. And, I just love playing with them. I told my husband that it was like getting out my favorite color and water color pencils and working with them. These eyeshadows just made my artistic side come out in spades, and that is a very wonderful feeling to have.

My camera is just not doing this color justice at all. This is the brightest yellow I have ever seen. It's kinda crazy, and, needless to say, I'm in love.

The texture for this color is amazingly smooth. Dr. Pepper Cherry amazingly smooth. The name definitely fits the bill as well. If ever someone wanted to capture the intensity of a flame and put it in eyeshadow form, this is what they would come up with.

I love 'Love+'. It's honestly the perfect red- especially for football season. Roll Tide, y'all!

Oh, 'Poison Plum', where to begin? I've probably used this shadow the most out of the quad. I just absolutely love it. I've actually found myself coming up with excuses to wear this color, no matter what my outfit looks like I love it so much.



Now, let's get down to it.

Pros:
  • Quality. That goes for both the packaging and the product, both are unbelievable.
  • Fast shipping- with a flat rate of $5 here in the U.S.
  • The products were well packed. Plus, pink tissue paper is always a win.
  • Price. The quad retails for $34, so you actually come out cheaper than you would buying 4 of their individual eyeshadows ($12 each). And, it's also cheaper than the quads that M.A.C. will release with their collections ($38), and you get more product.
Cons:
  • None.

If you haven't looked at Sugarpill, then what the heck are you waiting for?!


See you soon my freaky darlings. <3









3 comments:

Chrissy Roze said...

Great review love!!! Yes Sugarpill is uh to the mazing!!! Poison plum is the greatest purple ever!!!


oh and amazingballs.. yeah im stealing that one :)

Alicia said...

Wow, this is really droolworthy. I've never seen the packaging before, and it is so! cute! :)

Aimee said...

Thanks Christa! Poison Plum is the shiz! :D

Alicia, it totally is. I love the dang box so much that I still keep my palette in it, I can bear to throw something that pretty away. Ha!

Post a Comment