Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A Haul of a Different Color

So, what makes this haul so different? Simple. I didn't buy any of the products. No, I wasn't sent anything by companies or anything like that. Apparently my best friend and my parents love me and they like to give me neat things. So, I thought I'd share.


My best friend, my beloved Best Biatch, just got back from a trip across the pond and brought me some British makeup goodies.


Let's start with some Barry M.


I adore this color. It's a lovely smokey black with teal and purple reflects. Sadly, my camera didn't pick up the purple fleck, but they are most definitely there. This is such a chameleon eyeshadow, especially with the reflects glitter, any other shade you put it with it just seems to compliment. It's also fabulous as a stand alone eyeshadow, and used wet as an eyeliner it's incredible.


This pigment is just so smooth and vibrant, it's crazy. This is one of those pigments that it so pigmented that when you apply it dry it looks like you've applied it wet. 
Yeah. It's amazeballs.

I feel so fancy pants because I now have a Barry M nail paint- which is ironic considering that Barry M is a drugstore brand over the Merry Ole England. The color is called 'Berry Ice Cream' (308), and it is wonderful. When applied it isn't streaky, and it only takes 2 coats- but I did a third to be on the safe side. And it has staying power. I did my whole nails last Thursday and it wasn't until Sunday night when it finally started to chip a tiny bit. I love this color so much that when I re-did my nails Monday I used it on my tips, as you can see above.

Now we move on to Bourjois.




This is such a beautiful blush. And it is aptly named, because this is the shade I think of when I picture a rose. It's just lovely and so fresh looking.
I also love that there's a mirror built into the compact.

The last bit of my haul isn't entirely related to makeup. Well...it is, but it isn't. You'll see what I mean.



My parents did some spontaneous antique shopping a few weekends ago, and knowing my love for all things beauty and vintage, they bought this compact for me. It even still has some powder still in the case, as you can see. I haven't used the powder on myself, as I'm wary of old cosmetics. I'll most likely clean it out and perhaps find a new powder that will fit in it's place.

There you have it.

Spread the Peachy love, my freaky darlings. <3





0 comments:

Post a Comment